Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Did... But We Still Need to Hear the Original Mantra on This Beautiful Day





Once again the atmosphere feels lustrous and lovely as this (formerly? I doubt it, but...) half-ass country steps up for our man's swearing in, and of course the original (and now seemingly rather prescient) Pointer Sisters' shout-out NEEDS TO BE HEARD FROM THE ROOFTOPS – and what better conveyance than this MIGHTY MIGHTY 1974 breakdown?!?!? Hope Collective just has the same beautiful spirit and, though I've posted it before way way back, it's always sublime to hear it again...

(And I just dig this opulent Bluefly graphic, as far as red, white and blue go, so as always I had to add some further aesthetic lustrousness...)

My plan for the day (severely tempered by the fact that as usual I am a broke-ass boy!)? A hike up to Zilker Park, a glass of Vinho Verde (my new favorite white wine... and it's Portuguese (also lovely)) at Halcyon, than settling in when OCH (Oil Can Harry's, my Austin fag bar home) opens at 11AM CT for the swearing in and Barack's speech... Should be radiant...

Whatever your plans, have a lovely one and enjoy... xo, B.

No comments: