Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Liquidator Worldwide


Much love to my boy Remi for this – a Baltin-designed sticker on the mirror at the Hole in the Wall (gay dive) in San Francisco. Makes me feel nice and global, just like when my friend Nashio from the ineffably brilliant Nino Astronauta does DJ tours in Mexico and travels the country playing my comps... (FYI: this sticker is the Bellissima Idyll cover.)

Speaking of Worldwide, I just caught Gilles P.'s special Japan edition of his Worldwide, broadcast from Tokyo on 4/9/06, and reposted as always on Giant Step. Lovely as expected, starting with the 2 Banks of 4 remix of Jazztronik's "Pathways." Everyone who knows me knows well that I consider Japan to be home of the best electronica (and nu jazz) on the planet, so a Gilles survey is most definitely a beautiful thing, and well worth checking. Now I just need to find Double Famous' Brilliant Corners LP.

No comments: